Mayde Tea Stainless Steel Infuser
"The tea strainer is great also it can be used for a mug or teapot and is easy to clean" - Tia, Mayde Tea customer
"I love this tea infuser, the lid doubles as a tray so you can just grab your cup and go; once you have infused you take the lid off and take the infuser out and it sits perfectly on the lid! Mess free!" - Jenna, Mayde Tea customer
At last we have created a tea infuser that makes drinking loose-leaf tea as convenient as using a teabag, but a whole lot better for your health and the environment.
Why use a loose leaf tea infuser
There are a few reasons why we have chosen to not offer tea bags- and that is because commercial tea bags are created using bleaches, glues, staples and other nasty things that contain chemicals that we'd rather not give you to consume with your therapeutic tea blends!
Another reason is because we love the environment- and hate to imagine a compostable material (tea leaves) trapped inside a little plastic pouch.
Our tea strainer comes with a lid for a very important purpose- and that is because when you add boiling water to a herbal tea containing volatile oils, (volatile oils are the part of the plant with the medicinal benefit) they can evaporate with the steam.
How to use:
- Place the single cup infuser in your mug of choice.
- Put one serve of tea into the infuser
- Fill the mug up with hot water, saturating all of the tea. (Please check the appropriate temperature for the tea you are using- not all should be 100 degrees!)
- Place the lid on the infuser and let steep for the time stated on the brewing instructions
- Take the lid off and place next to the mug upside-down. Lift out the infuser and place it into the lid to prevent dripping tea on your table.
- Store the tea infuser within the canister
- Perfect gift idea for tea lovers - combine with the therapeutic favourites trio, or it comes included in the travel essential pack.
Because we love the environment, when making teas at Mayde Tea HQ we empty the contents either into the compost or the garden. Remember Mayde Tea is completely organic plants so it doesn't need to go into landfill!