Recipe: Banana & Chai Crumble Loaf
One of our fantastic followers, the talent behind Undressed Tablescapes, whipped up a scrumptious loaf recipe and kindly passed it on for us all to bake and savour! Dive into the recipe below and get ready for a baking adventure filled with the comforting spices from our best-selling Chai Latte Powder.
- 3 large, ripe organic bananas (mashed)
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 free range, organic eggs (whisked)
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup gluten-free self raising flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp Mayde Chai Latte Powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 120g unsalted organic butter (cold, cubed)
- 3/4 cup gluten-free plain flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1 tsp Mayde Chai Sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease and line a loaf tin.
- In a large mixing bowl combine bananas, maple syrup, olive oil, eggs and vanilla essence.
- In a separate bowlcombine flour, almond meal, baking powder, chai latte powder and salt.
- Add wet ingredients to dryingredients and stir to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine butter, flour, sugars and chai sprinkle.
- Use your hands to create a roughcrumble mixture.
- Pour half of loaf mixture into tin. Sprinkle over half the crumble mixture.
- Repeat with remaining loaf and crumble mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown on top and cooked through.
- Allow to cool in tin for 20 minutesbefore transferring to a wire rack.
- Serve loaf toasted alongside a mug of Mayde tea!
Thank you to Undressed Tablescapes for the delicious recipe. Enjoy!