TOASTED CHAI SPICED MUESLI
I love making granola at home- it is surprisingly easy, it is much more affordable than store bought, and the best part is it doesn’t come wrapped in a plastic packaging and with added preservatives or sweeteners. This beautiful recipe was created for us by our good friend @cass_amundsen. She also has a wonderful whole foods recipes page aimed at nourishing young ones @firstyearoffood. Our nutrition philosophies align greatly and we are so fortunate to have worked with her on this recipe using our Mayde Tea Chai Latte Powder.
2 cups rolled oats
2 Tablespoons Mayde Tea Chai Latte Powder
3/4 cup boiling water
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 cup mixed raw nuts, chopped
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup hemp seeds
Pinch Himalayan salt
1. Preheat the oven to 200*C. Add the Chai spice and ground cinnamon to the boiling water and stir well.
2. Put the oats, nuts, sunflower and pumpkin seeds into a large bowl. Pour in the spiced water and the olive oil, and mix well to combine.
3. Spread the mixture out on a large baking tray and put in the oven. Give it a stir every 5 or so minutes to ensure it toasts evenly.
4. After about 15-20 minutes, or once it’s beginning to get a little colour, remove the tray and add the shredded coconut. Put it back in the oven to toast the coconut. Keep a close eye on it as it toasts quickly and may burn.
5. Allow the muesli to cool before stirring through the hemp seeds. Sprinkled with a little salt and store in an airtight container. Use as a crunchy topping for porridge, stewed fruit, custard or crumbles.